Concrete is beautiful. The simple shapes of our panels show it in its purest form.
Solus panels, tiles and slabs are contemporary cladding mediums that are designed to be adaptable. Each of our large format concrete panels is poured and finished by hand resulting in pieces that are unique. Installed in multiples they create a surface that is organic and substantial with a modern, ‘slightly imperfect’ structure. Available in a ten colours and a range of sizes our concrete panels, tiles and slabs can be configured to suit a wide variety of situations and aesthetics.
All of our concrete panels, tiles and slabs are available direct through Solus exclusively to Architects, designers and builders worldwide.
- Our tiles are distinguished by their clean, chamfered edges, smooth, lightly undulating surfaces, complex colour and by the variation between pieces.
- We use high performance, fibre re-enforced concrete which is strong, durable and flame resistant.
- Solus tiles, panels and slabs can be installed in and out of doors. With proper care and maintenance they will last as long as the building, developing more surface character over time.
A wide range of possibilities.
Planning and What to Expect
Our concrete panels, tiles and slabs are designed simply to suit a wide variety of situations and aesthetics. Taking the time to plan your layout with care and working with an experienced tile setter are important steps towards achieving a successful installation.
- All of our pieces can be cut to fit on site. Planning the location of cut edges is important as they look different than our factory edges and need to be hidden inside of grout lines. Each of our panels, tiles and slabs comes standard with one good face and 4 finished factory edges.
- Dimensional variation is a natural characteristic of our concrete pieces. You can expect 1/8″ to 3/8″ tolerances from piece to piece. Installation is similar to that of semi gauged stone.
- Installed indoors they will maintain their sheen and will continue to develop depth of colour as they are resealed and touched.
- Used outdoors concrete will weather naturally as exposure to the elements wears away the polished surface to reveal the fine aggregate underneath.
Lead Times, Ordering and Shipping
- Lead times for all tile start at 6 weeks. If you have special requirements please contact our sales team to discuss options.
- Our tiles are made to order in small batches so delivery times depend on the quantity of tile that you are ordering. In order to be strong and stable concrete tile must cure for 28 days after it is poured before it can be packed and shipped.
- It is important that you order all of the tile that you require at one time as colour will vary between batches as well as between tiles.
- Preparing a detailed layout plan before you place your order will ensure that you receive the correct number of tiles in a timely manner.
- We recommend that you purchase 3-5% overage to allow for variation between tiles, breakage and errors.
- All tiles are individually wrapped and crated in museum quality crates to ensure that they arrive to you in perfect condition. Orders within the greater Vancouver area are individually wrapped on pallets.
World wide shipping options include:
- Curbside delivery places your crates or pallets on the street in front of your location where they can be unpacked. Lifting of the products into place is not included with this delivery option.
- Placement service includes the unpacking and placement of your products in location where you would like them. Greater Vancouver Area only. Installation not included.
- Airfreight by special request.
Tiles (depth .625")
Panels (depth: .75")
Hearth Slabs (depth: 1.5")
- Cast from high performance, fibre reinforced concrete which has been tested and meets ASTM standards.
- Choose from 10 integral Solus colours.
- Can be cut with a standard tile saw or angle grinder with diamond blade.
- Concrete tiles and panels are naturally stable and will be as strong as the substrate that they are adhered to once installed.
- Naturally non combustible, concrete panels are suitable for placement right up to the edges of gas and woodburning inserts.
- Please Note: Although it is structurally strong and stable, concrete is susceptible to surface reaction with highly alkali and acidic substances. For this reason we do not recommend that it be used in bathrooms, kitchens or on other working surfaces.
With proper care our concrete tiles will last as long as your building.
- Tiles require only a light dusting or occasional wipe with a damp, clean cloth if applied to walls.
- As flooring and surfaces our tiles require minimal maintenance including washing with warm water and a neutral , dilute cleaner.
- All panels, tiles and slabs should be resealed annually with higher traffic areas sealed more regularly depending on use.
- Concrete is reactive and will change colour if it is left in contact with moist, highly alkali or highly acidic environments. For this reason we do not recommend that it be used for bathrooms or working surfaces. All spills should be wiped up right away and plants and candles should be placed in protective dishes to avoid staining of the concrete.
Hand Cast in our Vancouver Facility
With high-performance concrete and a strict attention to detail.