Domed Water Bowls
Introduce the mercurial qualities of water.
These water bowls feature polished metal domes that appear to float inside of concrete vessels. Water flows up through the center of each dome to run over the reflective surface of the hand-spun metal and then drop off the edges into the surrounding water creating sound. Like our concrete pieces, each metal dome is handmade and unique. The variations, inconsistencies and undulations characteristic of hand-spun metal create the beautiful water movement and reflections that define these water features. Hemispherical concrete bowls provide a solid aesthetic counterpoint to the shine of the domes and the fluidity of the water while functioning as impermeable containers. Every dome is attached to a support which holds it securely inside of it’s concrete vessel. Appropriate for use indoors or out for residential and commercial installation.
The three dome sizes each have a different character as the curvature of the metal domes increases with their diameter.
- The 26” Dome has a modest curve that reads almost flat, reflecting its surroundings on its polished surface to create a pool like effect.
- With it’s wider surface the 36” Dome has a soft curve that bends and reflects light, arcing above the rim of the concrete bowl.
- As the largest dome the 48” is generous and bold with a pronounced, rounded contour.
Solus water bowls are designed to be experienced first hand. Watch our water bowl videos to get acquainted with them.
- Choose from 10 Solus integral, hand cast colours
- 3 bowl sizes, 26”, 36”, 48”
- Locally handspun domes in polished stainless steel or brass.
- Domes are treated and sealed to maintain their bright finish. Brass parts can be left unsealed by special request.
- Custom designed all-weather fabric covers protect your water features from the elements year round, extending their life, maintaining their smooth finish and extending their warranties
- Each of our water bowls is handcast from high performance, fibre reinforced concrete which has been tested to ASTM standards.
- All concrete pieces are sealed with a penetrating sealer to minimize weathering.
- Locally made hand spun stainless steel and brass domes are electro-polished and/or treated with a reversible protective coating to maintain their polish and protect them from the elements.
- Stainless steel, aluminum and PVC component parts.
- German designed, Italian made pumps with variable water flow control.
- Assembled by hand and tested in our Vancouver facility.
- Each of our water features comes with a warranty on workmanship and performance. Warranties are extended with the purchase and use of one of our All-Weather covers.
- Self contained:These water features allow you to incorporate the experience of water into a setting which does not have an existing water source. This type of configuration holds and circulates all of its own water and requires only a standard electrical connection for the internal pump. Once you place your water bowl, assemble it and add the required amount of water you simply plug it in and enjoy it.
- Fully Integrated models: Our water features can be configured to connect into an external water source to become part of a larger system. Integrated water features rely on an external water source, pump and drainage system and can be used in a variety of ways. Call us to discuss your project.
- Partially integrated – our dome water features can also be used in conjunction with an onsite/existing catch basin, pool or pond to create a self contained system that holds and circulates all of it’s own water. See these links for some ideas about catch basins for this type of installation.
Please see our user guides for specific part information.
- Concrete Bowl
- Metal dome with central water fitting
- Custom made Dome support
- Pump with connection fittings (for self contained models)
- User guide
- Draining hose
- Cotton gloves for handling polished dome
- Electrical thru hull with cable plugs (for self contained models)
Ordering, Lead Times & Shipping
- Solus Water Features are available direct through Solus to both homeowners and the trade.
- In stock products will be ready to ship within 2 to 4 weeks, products poured to order within 6 to 8 weeks. If you have special requirements please contact our sales team to discuss options.
- All water features are individually wrapped and crated in museum quality crates to ensure that they arrive to you in perfect condition. Orders within the greater Vancouver area are individually wrapped on pallets.
World wide shipping options include:
- Curbside delivery places your crates or pallets on the street in front of your location where they can be unpacked. Lifting of the products into place is not included with this delivery option.
- Placement service includes the unpacking and placement of your products in location where you would like them. Greater Vancouver Area only. Installation not included.
- Airfreight by special request.
Please contact us to discuss specific shipping requirements and we will work with you to find a solution
You can download our specification drawings from the Documents section below or visit the CADdetails website to view them.