Traditional and adaptable.
The addition of a mantel to the original Fraser results in a fireplace surround that has a very different character. With its curved, upturned mantel piece the surround possesses an elegant, traditional feel that can be adapted to suit a range of design sensibilities. As with the Fraser the mantled version is designed to be adjustable. Each one comes standard with 2 corner pieces, two mantel end
pieces and 4 straight sections that can be cut to size on site. Additional leg, mantel and top sections can be added to increase height and width. This versatile fireplace surround can be used in conjunction with our tiles, panels and hearths to create a wide variety of layouts. Appropriate for use in residential and commercial projects indoors and out.
- Choose from 10 Solus integral, hand cast colours.
- Sandblasted finish available by special request.
- Additional corner, leg and cross pieces.
- Each of our surrounds is hand cast from high performance, fiber reinforced concrete which has been tested to ASTM standards.
- All concrete pieces are sealed with a penetrating sealer to enhance the polish of the surface and minimize staining.
- Concrete is naturally flame resistant and will not emit any toxic fumes when exposed to heat.
- Concrete requires only a light dusting or occasional wipe with with warm water and a neutral , dilute cleaner. We also recommend an annual application of a suitable penetrating sealer. With proper care the surround will last as long as your building.
- Our surrounds are naturally stable and will be as strong as the substrate that they are adhered to once installed. Concrete is very strong but can be susceptible to chipping if knocked sharply with a hard object so please handle it with care.
- Please Note: Although it is structurally strong and stable, concrete is susceptible to surface reaction with highly alkali and acidic substances.
You can download our specification drawings from the Documents section below or visit the CADdetails website to view.
Ordering, lead Times and Delivery
- Solus surrounds are available direct through Solus exclusively to Architects, designers and builders.
- Our fire place surrounds are made to order and must cure for 28 days after they are poured before they can be packed and shipped.
- Lead times for all surrounds start at 6 weeks. If you have special requirements please contact our sales team to discuss options.
- Planning your project layout carefully before ordering will contribute to a successful installation.
- All surrounds are individually wrapped and crated in museum quality crates to ensure that they arrive to you in perfect condition. Orders within the greater Vancouver area are individually wrapped on pallets.
World wide shipping options include:
- Curbside delivery places your crates or pallets on the street in front of your location where they can be unpacked. Lifting of the products into place is not included with this delivery option.
- Placement service includes the unpacking and placement of your products in location where you would like them. Greater Vancouver Area only. Installation not included.
- Airfreight by special request.
Please contact us to discuss specific shipping requirements and we will work with you to find a solution.