Scupper Water Bowls
Modern concrete water bowls.
A nod to historical architectural and nautical forms the Scupper water bowls combine clean edged, mechanically formed metal with smooth, hand cast concrete. These formal elements are brought to life by the liquid movement and pleasing sound of falling water. Entering from a central opening in the bottom of the concrete bowl, water fills the vessel creating a deep pool that spills out through the reflective channel of the scupper. The polished metal and pooled, cascading water combine to create interesting reflections as light plays over their surfaces.
Hand-cast concrete bowls provide a solid sculptural counterpoint. Available in three sizes these water bowls can be used in a variety of situations including installations with in-ground catch basins and existing ponds. Appropriate for use indoors or out for residential and commercial installations.
Solus water bowls are designed to be experienced first hand. We invite you to watch our water bowl videos to get acquainted with them.
- Choose from 10 Solus integral, hand cast colours
- 3 sizes: 26”, 36”, 48” diameters.
- Brake pressed scuppers in brushed stainless steel, brass or copper.
- Scuppers are treated and sealed to maintain their bright finish. Brass and copper parts can be left unsealed by special request.
- Custom designed all-weather covers protect your water features from the elements year round, extending their life, maintaining their smooth finish and extending their warranties
- Each of our water bowls is hand cast from high performance, fiber reinforced concrete which has been tested to ASTM standards.
- All concrete pieces are sealed with a penetrating sealer to minimize weathering. Metal surfaces are electro-polished and or treated with a reversible protective coating to maintain their polish and protect them from the elements.
- Locally made scuppers are treated and sealed to maintain their bright finish.
- Stainless steel, aluminum and PVC component parts.
- German designed, Italian ,made pumps with variable water flow control.
- Assembled by hand and tested in our Vancouver facility.
- Each of our water features comew with a warranty on workmanship and performance. warranties are extended with the purchase and use of one of our All-Weather covers.
- Self contained:These water features allow you to incorporate the experience of water into a setting which does not have an existing water source. This type of configuration holds and circulates all of its own water and requires only a standard electrical connection for the internal pump. Once you place your water bowl, assemble it and add the required amount of water you simply plug it in and enjoy it.
- Integrated models: Our water features can be configured to connect into an external water source to become part of a larger system. Integrated water features rely on an external pump or drainage system and can be used in a variety of ways. Call us to discuss your project.
Please see our user guides and reference videos for specific part information.
- Concrete Bowl with Scupper and stainless steel or brass water fitting
- Pump with connection fittings*
*Please specify at time of purchase if you require a pump or if you will be providing your own pump.
- Large river stones (5) for moderating surface bubbling.
- Draining hose
- User guide
Ordering, Lead Times & Shipping
- Solus Water Features are available on line or direct through Solus to both homeowners and the trade.
- In stock products will be ready to ship within 2 to 4 weeks, products poured to order within 6 to 8 weeks. If you have special requirements please contact our sales team to discuss options.
- All water features are individually wrapped and crated in museum quality crates to ensure that they arrive to you in perfect condition. Orders within the greater Vancouver area are individually wrapped on pallets.
World wide shipping options include:
- Curbside delivery places your crates or pallets on the street in front of your location where they can be unpacked. Lifting of the products into place is not included with this delivery option.
- Placement service includes the unpacking and placement of your products in the location where you would like them. Greater Vancouver Area only. Installation not included.
- Airfreight by special request.
Please contact us to discuss specific shipping requirements and we will work with you to find a solution
You can download our specification drawings from the Documents section below or visit the CADdetails website to view them.